Mother's Week of Action
Britain’s hardest working mums…
They need your support this Mother’s Day – and every other day.
On Mother’s Day, we show appreciation for all the hard work, love and care our mothers have shown us over the years. But there are millions of mothers who can never express these nurturing instincts because their babies are snatched away from them after birth. They need your help.
15 March, 2015 is Mother’s Day but it’s also Viva! Day of Action for the hardest working mothers. Here’s how you can take part.
2. Why not organise a local event? Whether it’s handing out leaflets, holding an information stall or turning yourself into the picture perfect hard working mother (which proved to be very popular a last time we did it), you’ll help show people who the hardest working mothers in Britain are! Watch a short video from our demo.
If you want to hold a local event, we’ll send you a pack including leaflets, posters and cow masks to cut out and use for any event. Even an hour of your time will make a huge difference – and local press coverage can reach even more. However, all we ask is you do what you’re comfortable with – and we’ll provide advice at every step of the way. To order your materials, email Liam – email@example.com – or call us on 0117 944 1000.
3. If you use social media (Facebook, Twitter), change your cover picture to our Hardest Working Mother image and your profile picture to our White Lies logo (available to download below) for the week of 9-15 March to show your support and solidarity.
4. Go dairy-free! It's easier than you think! Pledge to go dairy-free for at least a month and help us get the counter spinning! To get a daily email for a month, full of useful tips and guidance, sign up to our new 30 Day Vegan program - Go to www.viva.org.uk/30dayvegan
5. Ask your favourite cafe to provide more dairy-free options – send a letter or an email to their customer care department (you can find a sample letter here) or simply ask. The very basic option should be soya milk but many shops still need reminding!
6. Donate towards our campaigns and investigations. We need your help to continue our work towards a kinder and healthier future.